So I just heard about this readathon and I really wanted to participate! I love readathons and the fact that they motivate me to read so much more during them. I’ve never participated in this one before but I’ve heard great things about this readathon.
I’m a little late but oh well 😛
So here’s the rules
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 24th at 12:00 AM to September 6th at 11:59 PM. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up here at Novel Heartbeat or over at Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 28th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! (You are welcome to use the template we provide in the kick-off post as well.)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
- Follow along on Twitter and share your progress with the hashtag #BtHReadathon!
I just participated in B.O.B 14 here last week and I had a lot of fun and pushed my self and ended up reading 10 books!
Since this readathon is 2 weeks long instead of 1 I’m unsure what my goals should be. I’m think that these will work for me.
- Read 8 books
- Use the Hashtag and chat on Twitter
- Visit some of the blogs participating
- Participate in at least 1 mini challenge
- Write the reviews for my Netgalley books (only 2)
Here’s some of the books I might read
Woah! Okay so that is all the books I have to read on me. Two are my last netgalley books and the other 8 are books from the library! I think I can mange reading all of these in two weeks. But I picked 2 extras incase I can mangae more than the 8 I planned.
Two of these are actually audiobook. Moby Dick and Ready Player One. I’m about 25% through Moby and I just started the other a little while a go but its only 15 1/2 hours so I think I can manage it this readathon.
Monday, August 24th
Books read: The Wrath and The Dawn & Moby Dick
Pages read: 83/55=138
Books completed: 0
Tuesday, August 25th
Books read: The Wrath and the Dawn & Moby Dick
Books completed: 1(The Wrath and the Dawn)
Wednesday, August 26th
Books read:Batman:Year One, Moby Dick, and The Assassin’s Blade
Pages read: 144/16/6=166
Books completed: 2(Batman: Year One)
Thursday, August 27th
Books read: The Assassin’s Blade & Moby Dick
Pages read: 113/38= 151
Books completed: 2
Friday, August 28th
Books read:The Assassian’s Blade & Saga vol:3
Saturday, August 29th
Books read: Walking Dead vol1 & 9 Lives vol.1 & Morning Glories vol.1
Pages read: 508
Sunday, August 30th
Books read: Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour & Bizenghast vol.1
Pages read: 344/184=528
Total books read this week: 9
Total pages read this week: 2,274 :0 WOW
Monday, August 31st
Tuesday, September 1st
Wednesday, September 2nd
Thursday, September 3rd
Friday, September 4th
Saturday, September 5th
Sunday, September 6th
Total books read this week:
Total pages read this week:
Total books read:
Total pages read:
Are You participating in this readathon? I would love to see how your doing!