Title: London Bound
Author: Amy Daws
Publisher: Stars Hollow Publishing
Pub Date: May 14th 2015
Rating: 5/5 Stars
London Bound has probably been one of my most anticipated books in a really long time. London Bound is the 3rd book in The London Lovers series. I’ve read and reviewed both of the other books in the series here and here.
The first two books follow Finley and Brody and their love story. However this one gave us a new couple. Leslie and Theo. Leslie was one of my favorite characters in the first two books and I’m really glad we got to explore her story as well. Leslie’s story actually crosses over with Finley’s towards the end of A Broken Us. I really liked having the expectation of Leslie’s story in Finley’s story. It really made me want to read her story and I was dying to get my hands on her and Theos’ story.
Initially I was really nervous to read from the point of view of Leslie. Which was completely crazy seeing as Amy hasn’t disappointed me yet! Mainly because Leslie was the comic relief and shoulder to cry on in the first two books and I was really worried that getting in her head could ruin her for me.
However that wasn’t the case. Leslie was everything I remembered her to be and more. She was witty,funny, and confident. However we got to delve into her mind and got to see that she had a lot of insecurities as well as doubts in herself and that was really interesting to see because I hadn’t expected to see all of that as well as a really well as such a strong and developed romance.
~Some of the things I really loved~
- Frank’s 7 day cleanse! It was so hilarious and unexpected and amazing!
- Frank and Leslie’s relationship! OMG I loved there relationship it was pure comedy and I loved it! The way they met was perfection!
- FRANK!! This isn’t a new fact but I LOVE him! he’s so great and he needs his own story!
- The Angst and Drama! I tend to not love either of those in a novel. However I found Leslie’s reactions believable and I was so curious to see what Theo’s secret was was and how they would handle the situation.
- Theo! He’s so great! He knows what he wants and will do whatever to get it or her without being a overbearing “crazy” Alpha. I love a hero who has his heart on his sleeve. Brody is also like this in the first 2 books!
- My favorite thing I think I like about this book is the blending of the stories. Finley and Brody are here as well as foreshadowing for the next characters’ stories. Also we got to see some old characters from the first book. I love being able to see some of my favorite characters again and seeing what is going on with them and them still being important in the other books.
I could go on and on about this series and I have! Here and on Twitter before. But the truth of the matter is that this is one of my favorite series! One I think you should give a try!
Its not just a steamy romance or just a drama romance. The series deals with very serious topics and does it well. The characters are lovable and memorable! Also can be very funny and some of the best LOL moments I’ve read in a really long time. You feel for the dream with them and hope for them!
London Bound could be read as a standalone but would be a so much more enjoyable if you start with the first in the series! All three books in the series are in my favorite books shelf and I’m so excuted to get my hands on the next book in the series.